Sebastien Caron from the Iserlohn Roosters in the DEL will be returning to the NHL. This time….with Tampa.
Not much is known yet, but the Iserlohn Roosters website says that Caron will be heading to the Lightning, as his team has been eliminated from the DEL playoffs. An official announcement is expected on Monday.
Caron was a fourth-round pick in 1999 and is a butterfly goaltender best known for his great save from Brian Savage against the Philadelphia Flyers. This save came early in the 2005–2006 season with his former team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. The puck went off the left goal post. Savage then tried to tip the puck in the goal but Caron quickly scooped the puck up with his glove almost on the goal line. Caron was also known for allowing a 170 foot shot byWashington Capitals defenseman Ivan Majesky. He started the season as backup to Jocelyn Thibault and ended it as back-up to Marc-Andre Fleury.
During the 2007 playoffs, Caron served as a spare goaltender for the Anaheim Ducks. He was not called on to dress during the playoffs. Caron was included on the Stanley Cup winning picture, and has a Stanley Cup ring; however, because he only played one regular season game, he did not qualify to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup. On April 1, 2010, Caron was signed by the Philadelphia Flyers. He was the seventh goaltender acquired the Flyers’ for the 2009–2010 NHL season. Caron was never in net for Philadelphia during his short visit.
On August 23, 2010, Caron was signed by Traktor Chelyabinsk. He currently plays for the Iserlohn Roosters in Germany.
- June 26, 1999 – Drafted by Pittsburgh in the fourth round (86th overall) of the 1999 Entry Draft.
- June 25, 2006 – Caron’s contract bought out by the Pittsburgh Penguins
- July 27, 2006 – Caron signed with the Chicago Blackhawks
- December 29, 2006 – Traded along with Matt Keith and Chris Durno to Anaheim Ducks for P.A. Parenteau and Bruno St. Jacques
- April 1, 2010 – Signed by the Philadelphia Flyers
- August 23, 2010 – Signed by Traktor Chelyabinsk KHL
- March 19, 2012-Signed by Tampa Bay Lightning